Before You Call The Specialist
Have a simple plumbing problem that you’d like to tackle yourself before calling the team at Quality Plumbing Co.? Here are some helpful tips and tricks that you can try to stop that pesky leak and keep your drains running smoothly. If following these tips don’t provide the relief you need, contact us today for a free estimate!
Prepare Your Pipes Before Winter and Prevent Frozen/Burst Pipes
- Drain any pools or water supply lines that you won’t be using during the winter months.
- Close indoor valves that supply outdoor valves and hoses, then open and drain the outdoor valves of any water remaining in the pipes.
- Insulate pipes located in unheated areas of your home or business, such as attics, basements and garages.
Keep Your Garbage Disposal Running Smoothly
- Avoid putting anything into the disposal that is not biodegradable food.
- Never use hot water when running a disposal.
- Avoid placing expandable foods and starches, like pasta, rice and potatoes into the disposal.
- Run your disposal regularly with soap and citrus fruit peelings to keep it smelling fresh.
Prevent Your Pipes from Clogging
- Always use a drain screens in your kitchen and bathroom to prevent unwanted items from reaching your pipes.
- Avoid drain cleaners/openers as these will erode your pipe walls over time.
- Use baking soda, Alka Seltzer or vinegar followed by hot water to clean your drains.
Stop a Leaky Faucet/Toilet
- Check and replace any old or worn rubber washers.
- For toilets, check that the flapper is completely closed and adjust or replace attached chain if needed.
- Replace old sinks and install fresh plumbers putty when necessary.
FREE ESTIMATES | SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNTS
Quality Plumbing Co.
24 Hours Emergency
Placerville, Calif. 62203
Serving Placerville and surrounding areas
Licensed | Bonded
Fully Insured for PL & PD
CA LIC. # 917264
In Business Since 1974